The Huffington Post recently reported the “10 Most Shocking Marriage Breakdowns of 2014.” Below is the list:
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. The power couple “consciously uncoupled” after 11 years and two children together.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. After six years of marriage, Carey and Cannon called it quits. The couple has 3-year old twins, who will remain their joint focus.
- Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas. In June, Griffith filed for divorce from Banderas. The couple was married for 18 years and has an 18-year old daughter together.
- Téa Leoni and David Duchovny. After 17 years of marriage, Duchovny, the former “X-Files” star, filed for divorce from the “Madam Secretary” star, Téa Leoni. The couple has two children together.
- Paula Patton and Robin Thicke. After nine years of marriage, the “Blurred Lines” singer, Robin Thicke, and Paula Patton decided to separate. Patton filed the divorce in October of this year. The couple has a 4-year old son together.
- Pegi and Neil Young. Rock legend, Neil Young, filed for divorce from Pegi, his wife of 36 years. Pegi was Neil’s inspiration for the 1992 song “Unknown Legend” and they frequently collaborated together on their music. Their son, Ben, suffers from cerebral palsy, which prompted the couple to co-found the Bridge School in 1986. The Bridge School educates children with physical impairments.
- Gina and Pat Neely. The golden couple of Food Network, Gina and Pat Neely, decided to divorce after 20 years of marriage. They have two adult daughters together.
- Jewel and Ty Murray. After six years of marriage, the singer, Jewel, and her rodeo start husband, Ty Murray, divorced. They have a 3-year old son together.
- Sherri Shepherd and Lamar Sally. Sherri Shepherd, former co-host of “The View” filed for divorce from her husband, Lamar Sally. Shepherd has one son from a previous marriage and the couple has been involved in a custody battle over their baby boy that was delivered via a surrogate in August of this year.
- Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn. Angie Harmon, television star in “Rizzoli & Isles,” ended her 13 year marriage to former NFL player Jason Sehorn. They have three daughters together.
Although it is sad to see so many high-profile couples end their marriages, it is comforting to see that so many of them chose to do it in an amicable and mature way. If you are facing the end of your marriage and you need help, contact the Men’s Divorce Law Firm to schedule an appointment.