Ladies! Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Should Date Divorced Men!
Ladies, it’s Valentine’s Day! Yourtango.com explains why you shouldn’t throw in the towel on a guy just because his past involves a divorce.
There’s a decent chance that at some point in your life you’ll find yourself smitten with a divorced guy and you’ll be faced with the decision of whether or not dating him is a good idea. While it may seem a little shady at first— especially if he has kiddos — divorced men sometimes have more to offer than guys who have never taken the plunge.
According to the Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti Stanger, divorced men are a “girl’s best kept secret”. Here’s why:
1. He believes in serious, longterm commitment. Although it may have not worked the first time around, the fact that he did get married shows that he believes in commitment. That’s a big deal in a society that’s becoming more and more disillusioned with marriage.
2. He “gets” it. He’s been there and done that. He understands about ups and downs, petty arguments, and the struggles that come with a serious relationship. It’s not easy to keep things smooth sailing at all times, and just because his marriage didn’t work out, it doesn’t mean he’s not up to the challenge to do it again.
3. He’s housebroken. Stanger says, “Divorced men come already housebroken. Another woman has done the hard work of teaching him to put the seat down, call when he’s late, and tread lightly during a bad week.” Good point, and definitely a plus.
4. He has his ducks in a row. Having been married and then divorced, he’s not only had his fair share of drama, both good and bad, but he’s probably had ample opportunity to do some soul-searching. A man, who knows who he is and what he wants, is always a catch.
5. He’s learned from his mistakes. As with any relationship that has failed, romantic or otherwise, lessons are always learned. A divorced guy who signed up for the long haul, but didn’t quite make it can probably stare his mistakes in the face and realize how not to make them again.
Takeaway? Don’t throw in the towel on a guy just because his past involves a divorce. Relationships start and end everyday, and if we didn’t give people a chance just because they have a breakup under their belt, then we’d totally miss out on the potential for something great.
If you have questions regarding Florida divorce, child custody (timesharing), paternity or Florida alimony, contact Florida Family Attorney Jeff Feulner of the Men’s Divorce Law Firm today.