Men’s Divorce Law Firm 2009 Holiday Gift Drive
A record number of families are in need of assistance this holiday season, and Volunteers from the Men’s Divorce Law Firm are working hard to save Christmas even as some families face job loss and eviction.
Christmas is often a “sad” time of year for the poor and underprivileged; but that doesn’t mean that is has to be. As the economy continues to remain stagnant and unemployment tops 10 percent nationally, the need for charitable contributions rises. Your generosity is necessary now more than ever. The Men’s Divorce Law Firm will be hosting a toy drive, to benefit families that would otherwise have little to celebrate during this holiday season. Kandi Crossen, Senior Paralegal in our Ocala office will be organizing, and heading up this annual event, along with other staff members from the Men’s Divorce Law Firm. Mrs. Crossen and the staff will spending Christmas day distributing gifts in the low income residential areas to those in need: young and old.
As more fortunate people look forward to the season of cheer and gifts, the plight of many families of poverty is an especially urgent focus of the every day task of keeping their electricity on and food in their refrigerator. As jobs have been minimal and mortgages have gone unpaid, it is unfortunate that foreclosures have dictated that unfortunately, many this holiday season will not be celebrating in dwellings of their own, but rather in hotels, low-income housing, shelters, or even on the streets.
Please help us help them. Contributions can vary from crayons and pot holders to a pair of shoes or a book. Any gift you are able to donate is an act of generosity that would provide someone an otherwise unimaginable blessing. Your cash, gift card, or unwrapped donation can be dropped off at either of our two locations, anytime before December 22.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact our Senior Paralegal, Kandi Crossen, at our Ocala Office.
Winter Park: 913 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Winter Park, FL 32789, Tel: (407) 644-1896
Ocala: 520 S.E. Fort King St., Suite B3, Ocala, FL 34471, Tel: (352) 368-9993
Gifts will be collected during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you would like to drop off gifts outside of business hours, please email either Kandi in our Ocala office at KCrossen@MensDivorceLaw.com or Stephanie in our Winter Park office at SColosi@MensDivorceLaw.com.
1. Tea cup with assortment of herbed teas and a pretty spoon
2. Recipe cards with an apron and cooking utensils such as measuring cups and spoons
3. A selection of paperbacks from the best seller’s list
4. Crossword puzzle and word puzzle books with pencils, pencil sharpener, and eraser
5. Stationary, matching envelopes, packet of postage stamps, and an attractive pen set
6. Scrapbook with a selection of supplies
7. Playing cards, Uno cards, Skipbo deck, or other card games for the card lover
8. Disposable camera and photo album (Camera is 3.99 at Walgreens and photo album can be purchased at the Dollar Store.)
9. Gardening items, including utensils, gloves, and seed packets in a flowerpot
10. Scented candles and candleholders
11. Scented soaps and a pretty dish
12. Shower gel, bubble bath and lotion in pretty containers with bath sponge
13. For kids, an assortment of markers, colored pencils, crayons, stickers and art paper, cameral, soccer ball, football, basket ball, gloves, hats, scarves.
14. Kids “goodie basket” with favorite junk food –perfect for a teenager!
15. Flip calendar with daily inspirational messages, devotions, sports trivia, or jokes