Spouse Lives Abroad and Wants A Divorce: What To Do

What do I do if my spouse lives abroad and wants a divorce?

If your spouse lives abroad and wants to get divorced, it could be an easy case. Something that we could file locally. However, there may be issues if your spouse lives abroad with children. That would complicate matters. We’d have to look at jurisdictional issues in that regard. There could also be considerations where your spouse may avoid service and having a person served in a foreign country is also a complicated process. I would suggest obtaining the counsel of an experienced, international attorney to help you with that situation.