Men's Divorce Law Firm Logo
Full(er) House Star’s Ex-Husband Seeks Award Of Child Support
Full(er) House Star’s Ex-Husband Seeks Award Of Child Support

Jodie Sweetin, formerly the star of “Full House” and currently the star of “Fuller House” is being sued by her ex-husband for child support of their five-year-old daughter. Sweetin’s ex-spouse, Morty Coyle, claims that she is earning substantially more money than she did at the time of their divorce, and thus, he deserves an award of child support as well as payment of his attorney’s fees.

Coyle alleges that Sweetin is earning a minimum of $600k annually from multiple sources of income, including her salary for “Fuller House” and the reality show “Hollywood Darlings”, along with residuals from “Full House,” and other income from her own jewelry line. In his motion for child support, Coyle claims he is earning a mere $2,000 a month.

Sweetin, 33, first filed for legal separation in June 2013, citing irreconcilable differences and requesting full custody of their daughter, Beatrix, now 5. The couple married in March 2012, but did not reveal their marriage until their one-year anniversary in March 2013. At the time of the filing of the divorce petition, the two seemed amicable and were moving forward to work on raising their daughter together.

This was Sweetin’s third marriage. She was previously married to Shaun Holguin from 2002 to 2006 and Cody Herpin from 2007 until 2010. Sweetin and Coyle’s divorce was final in September of 2016 at a time when she claimed monthly earnings of only $4,000 a month. The court did not order Sweetin to pay Coyle child support at this time.

Based on Sweetin’s increased income, Coyle, a member of the band, All Day Sucker, now wants an award of support for their daughter, as well as $7,500 in attorney fees, and $5,000 for a forensic accountant to track Sweetin’s future income. Sweetin has had substance abuse problems, which are detailed in her 2009 book, unSweetined, a chronicle of her addiction to crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, and ecstasy.

Contact the Men’s Divorce Law Firm to schedule a consultation with a caring professional, and aggressive advocate for men’s rights in divorce, child timesharing (custody), and paternity matters. Call 321-DIVORCE today to schedule a consultation and follow our Twitter page for more insights about divorce and family law.