The Men’s Divorce Law Firm wishes every family a Happy Valentine’s Day this weekend, and wants to encourage fathers to show their appreciation for the beautiful daughters in their life.
We’ve compiled some ideas and suggestions below to make your daughter feel special throughout the day you spend together.
10 Things To Do When You Take Your Daughter on a Date
1. Dress up for the occasion. Dressing nicely will let her know you take this date seriously. Definitely lose the gym shorts and shoes without socks.
2. Make sure she’s happy with her outfit. If you daughter doesn’t “feel” pretty, she won’t have a good time with you. If you can afford it, offer to take her shopping beforehand to pick out an outfit she really likes.
3. Buy her flowers before you go. If you want to get really creative, have a single white rose in the middle of a dozen red roses and talk about how much she really does stand out.
4. Hold open doors. Show her what a gentleman looks like and what she needs to expect from her future dates.
5. Take her to an upscale restaurant. Save up and take her somewhere really nice. This is not an Arby’s kind of night.
6. Give her a meaningful gift of some kind. It doesn’t have to be expensive, just something she will keep and every time she looks at it, think of you.
7. Have the conversation revolve around encouraging her. This is not a time for you to lecture, but to listen and encourage. Share with her all the things you love and appreciate about her.
8. Share with her some of the first dates you had with her mother. She’ll get a big kick about hearing how you had the best leisure suit at your high school back in the day.
9. As you head home or on to your next activity, talk about what your next daddy/daughter date should be.
10. Leave a thank you card on her pillow the next day. Write how much you appreciated getting to spend time with her.
Article courtesy of All Pro Dad by | Bryan Davis