Rumors are flying that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are divorcing after 10 years of marriage. In fact, it is alleged that $150 million is at stake in their divorce. Only time will tell if the couple is truly calling it quits, but it is noteworthy that their divorce (if it occurs) will not be the most expensive one in the world of celebrity divorces! According to The Times of India, below are some of the largest divorce settlements among celebs.
- When Mel Gibson and Robyn Denise Moore were divorced in 2011, Gibson paid Robyn $425 million. The couple had been married 31 years and she was awarded nearly half of Gibson’s fortune. This is one of the most costly divorce payments in Hollywood history.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and former governor of California, divorce Maria Shriver after 25 years of marriage. Although the exact amount of their divorce settlement was never made public, it was estimated to be in range of $250 – $375 million.
- Michael Jordan, the NBA star, was left $168 million poorer after he divorced Juanita, his wife of 18 years. Juanita also received a seven-acre estate in Chicago and custody of the couple’s three children.
- Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving had a prenuptial agreement that was written on a napkin and signed without either party having legal representation. Amy was able to have the prenup nullified and received $100 million in their 1989 divorce.
- The highly-publicized divorce between Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren cost the golf pro $110 million. Many claim this amount was a deal for Woods because it constitutes a mere one-sixth of his net worth.
If you are facing divorce and you are concerned with how the division of assets and wealth will be handled in your case, let us help.